1. Where did the term, "BALLSFEST", come from?
Our founder Frank DeBlasi is a testicular cancer survivor. In his effort to support children and young adults affected by cancer, he created an organization with a title that is a play on words, and one that reflects Frank's positive spirit in dealing with his own cancer.
2. How are the ballers selected?
BALLSFEST is a non profit organization that lifts the spirit of children, young adults, and their families affected by cancer. Children who have reached the age of 4 and are under 21 must be referred to BALLSFEST and determined to be medically eligible for a gift by their physician or their hospital's child life advisor. BALLSFEST works closely with the Baller's medical team and family to determine the most appropriate time to grant a gift, keeping in mind the Baller's treatment protocol and other factors. Family income is not a consideration in determining whether a Baller is eligible to receive a gift.
3. How can I refer a child or young adult with cancer to BALLSFEST?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
4. As it relates to BALLSFEST Saratoga Springs, what happens if it rains?
This is a rain-or-shine event. We have reserved a very large roof-covered pavilion that can protect attendees from rain and/or sun. Though there is plenty of seating provided, guests are permitted to bring along chairs, tents, and lawn games. It is also a pet friendly environment.
5. Regarding BALLSFEST Saratoga Springs, are there vegetarian options on the menu?
Yes, there are plenty of salads, fruits, and veggie wraps.
6. As it relates to BALLSFEST Saratoga Springs, are you allowed to keep your car in the pavilion parking lot during the Dave Matthews performance in Saratoga State Park that follows BALLSFEST?
Yes, you can.
7. Regarding BALLSFEST Saratoga Springs, if you do not RSVP in advance, can you still attend?
Yes, you can. You can purchase tickets at the door via cash or credit card at entry. Tickets are $80 at the door, and $65 online ($30 for attendees under the age of 21 online or at the door). There are NO refunds.
8. For BALLSFEST Saratoga Springs, if I buy tickets online ahead of the event, will I receive a confirmation?
Yes, you will receive an email confirmation, along with ticket(s) in PDF format. At entry, you can either present the ticket from your mobile device or have a printed ticket in hand.